Sunday, October 16, 2011

This blog's purpose

The tagline for my Bellatricksy blog has been "Books as I read them and other adventures in grad school."  However, I've been only posting my responses to books on there so far, and have liked being able to track my progress there.  I've decided, however, to start another blog, one where I can post about things other than reading, though still mostly school-related. 

I was inspired by this post on Hook and Eye, however, that reminded me that I tend to work this way too--the more I do, the more I do.  The more my head is in writing mode, the more I'm going to be able to write.  I think having a place to informally reflect on what I'm doing may ultimately be useful as I go along.  Especially after this semester, when I'll be done with my commitments to coursework (though I'll be auditing a class in the spring, because how can I miss a class in the queer South?), it will be good to have an outlet to go blah blah blah about school.  

And surely, with a name that has both "hegemonic" AND "bulwark," it will surely be brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment